This page is designed to provide you with information about how we use the personal data and information that you provide to us during your use of the exercise.co.uk website and any communication email, telephone SMS and postal mail made between us relating to such use.
Definitions And Interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Pure-Tec Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the GDPR.|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Pure-Tec Ltd, or us||Pure-Tec Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number Unit 3 whose registered office is at West Dock Street, Sullivan Business Park, HU3 4TG;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Pure-Tec Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Pure-Tec Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.exercise.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
Your Information and Why We Process It
The information we collect when you place an order with us includes: name, address, telephone numbers, email. Through your product reviews or surveys you may provide us further personal data including family size, affluence, gender or we may collect such data from third party data aggregators. Further we may have images of you if you use Olapic, profiling data technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked to, IP addresses and cookies.
We only collect, keep, use or share your information for genuine business purposes, when you’ve approved us to do so, or when we’re obliged to legally. There are a few reasons why we use your personal details:
- if you contact us with an enquiry either by telephone, email, social media or live chat;
- to process any order that you place on our website and arrange for its delivery and installation;
- to maintain any registered accounts you have with us;
- to make our website accessible to you with informative content tailored to your needs including serving you with any pop-up messages and voucher codes;
- if you have purchased a product from us we may contact you from time to time, by SMS, email or telephone regarding our latest promotional offers, products and services that we think you may be interested in;
- promoting and advertising (including personalisation) of our products and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet
- promoting and advertising our products and services to you via email, SMS and post;
- to train our employees to ensure that we are providing the best possible service;
- we record telephone calls for compliance and legal reasons;
- to get in touch regarding customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
- when you provide a review on our website;
- when you enter any of our competitions;
- matching and aggregating your personal data for analysis and to provide you with a more personalised experience;
- to analyse any problems with our website and improve its performance;
- to ensure that you receive any cashback offered (either directly or via an affiliate website such as TopCashback);
- when you engage with us on any social media platform
- we also use personal details to contact you regarding our services and products and if we need to verify your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administration purposes; and
- for crime or fraud prevention purposes.
- We offer warranties on a large range of our products and hold the data only for the duration of the warranty if it exceeds our maximum duration for holding data for other processing purposes.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please click here. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Date of Birth;
- Job Title;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Basis For Processing
For exercise.co.uk to be allowed to process your personal data, we must have a legal basis for the processing. The data protection legislation sets out what these bases are. We have described below the different bases that we rely on and provided examples of the processing.
There are some contractual reasons why we have to process your personal data. When you buy a product on our website, it creates a contract between us. We need to process the personal data that you provide in order to fulfil our part of the contract. If you do not provide your details we won’t be able to complete your order.
Sometimes we are required to process the personal data that we hold about you for legal reasons - for example, if there is a product recall.
We also rely on being able to process your personal data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests. When we do this we will always consider your interests and balance any positive or negative impact relating to such processing and your legal rights relating to data protection. The legitimate interests of exercise.co.uk do not automatically override your interests.
If you do not want us to process any of the personal data we have listed as being processed for legitimate purposes, you have the right to object. For more information see the section below relating to your rights. Please note that if you object we may still continue to process your personal data in certain circumstances. Please also remember that if we can’t process your personal data for these purposes your customer experience may not be as enjoyable.
Our legitimate interests include:
- analysing and understanding your customer journey and behaviour to improve efficiencies and interaction
- sending you email or SMS marketing messages, if you have previously bought something from us
- calling you to discuss your delivery and any other services that we would like to offer you
- promoting and advertising our products and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet
- analysing our website’s performance and solving any problems
- staff training
- personalisation of your shopping experience
In some cases, we will ask whether you would like us to process your personal data. For example, if you would like us to notify you when an out of stock item becomes available or if you enter into a competition. If you provide us with consent, you may withdraw it at any time by contacting us.
Controlling Use Of Your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
Use of Data for direct marketing purposes.
Sharing Data with third parties.
When We'll Contact You
We may contact you by telephone shortly after your purchase to discuss your delivery and make sure that it all goes smoothly for you. We may also offer you other services which relate to the products that you have purchased.
We like to be able to keep you up to date with news, offers and promotions, but you can opt out of receiving email and text messages from us at any time. To do this, you can click the unsubscribe box that appears on the order confirmation page when you place an order, click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of any of our unsolicited marketing emails, or contact our contact centre. It may take a couple of days for all of our systems to update, so bear with us whilst we process your request. Please note, if you submit information but there is an error or delay in processing, we may use the details you've submitted to contact you to complete your order.
If you have asked us to notify you when an out of stock item becomes available, the email will not have an unsubscribe link in it as it is a single email notification. Unsubscribing from marketing will not affect your ability to receive an out of stock notification.
Email and SMS Unsubscribe
Top of Form
email or phone:
Bottom of Form
When You Contact Us
If you get in touch by telephone, email, social media or live chat to ask a question about your order or our services, we’ll keep a record of your emails and our responses. This helps us to resolve any problems, and to answer your query quickly and easily if you need to get in touch again. It also helps us to check our advisors have all the training they need to give you the best possible help. Your telephone calls to exercise.co.uk may also be recorded for training and regulatory purposes.
Accessing Your Own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Pure-Tec Ltd free of charge.
Read how to exercise your data rights through the following link: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
You have the right to withdraw your consent with us to use your data at any time; you can submit a withdraw consent request through the link below quickly and easily: http://www.puretecfitness.com/withdraw-consent
If you feel your data has been handled incorrectly you have the right to complain to the official governing body. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/
Information We'll Share
We share your information in very limited circumstances set out below:
- where we’re obliged to do so (for example a legal request),
- when we need to work with a third party or core service provider, for example a delivery service, insight companies, marketing communications providers or IT service providers. Each provider is carefully selected, and we’d only pass on the information required for them to perform that service on our behalf; they cannot use your data for any other purpose e.g. their own marketing purposes;
- with our group companies who may provide us with services;
- information with Close Brothers Finance for credit applications and fraud prevention purposes;
- with our insurance brokers or insurers for claims (or potential claims) purposes;
- social media platforms or internet platforms (this is based on cookies - for more information see cookies
We’ll never sell your information. We’ll always comply with all relevant data protection legislation (including the General Data Protection Regulation).
We operate with 3rd party logistics companies to deliver your product, we share your name, address, contact number and email address with them to provide you with the most up-to-date information on the delivery of your order
We sometimes share anonymised information and analytics with third parties but not in a way that they could identify you as an individual.
We use third party payment service providers which are integrated into our website. When you pay using one of these methods e.g. PayPal, you are redirected to the provider’s portal. Your use of these services are subject to the terms and conditions (and privacy policies) of the payment providers.
Transfers To Third Countries
Exercise.co.uk may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area. This will only be as a result of our service providers being based outside of this area e.g. cloud hosting service providers such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure. We will always ensure that such providers are in a country that has been assessed to provide adequate protection to personal data by the European Commission, or if the service provider signs a contract with us which contains the relevant protections for you; for example, if a company is based in the United States of America and has signed up to the Privacy Shield we may also send personal data to them for the limited purposes referred to above.
Data security is of great importance to Pure-Tec Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
Changes Of Business Ownership And Control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it remains necessary in line with the reason that we collected it from you and to meet any legal requirements (such as resolving a dispute). The time that the personal data is kept for is called the retention period. We retain your personal data relating to the purchase of your products for a period of 10 years after your purchase. This is in line with certain product liability provisions under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
If you call or message our contact centre with an enquiry (but do not place an order) we will keep your personal data for one month.
If you ask us to notify you about an out of stock item, we will do so if it becomes available within one month of your request.
If you receive marketing emails and SMS from us and have not unsubscribed from these messages we will continue to process your personal data for this purpose for a maximum period of four years. You may ask us to stop processing for this purpose at any time.
You have a set of legal rights in relation to your personal data. These rights are to ensure that you are in control of how your personal data is used by organisations. We have provided a summary of your rights below:
- You have the right to know what personal data we store that relates to you (also known as a subject access request);
- If any personal data is not correct (for example it is old information), you have the right for it to be corrected;
- You have the right to tell us to stop using your personal data for the purpose of sending you direct marketing;
- You have the right to tell us you no longer consent to any processing, which was based on you giving consent;
- You have the right to ask us to no longer process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests. We will stop processing your personal data unless there is a legitimate reason that does not prejudice you.
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it is collected. The right to erasure is not an absolute right.
- You have the right to ask for an individual to review any decision made using an automated process.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com
If you ask us to no longer send you any marketing (by email or SMS) please allow 48 hours for your request to be processed in our system. You can unsubscribe from email and SMS by clicking on the buttons in the When we’ll contact you section above. If you ask for us not to call you for marketing purposes, please allow 48 hours for us to action this request.
Creating An Account With Exercise.co.uk
Creating an account with Exercise.co.uk gives you the ability to check out more quickly by allowing us to remember your delivery address and payment information, so you don’t have to re-enter those details every time. You can save a number of addresses and payment options, along with your contact telephone numbers.
We do our part in protecting your account by strongly hashing your password using modern ciphers and cryptographic patterns. Our staff have no way of accessing your password.
It’s important that you also take responsibility for protecting your account information. Make sure your password is suitably complex, don’t share it with others, and try not to use the same one for lots of online accounts. Never send your password by email – we’ll never ask you to do so. We won’t ask you for your password information over the ‘phone; but we can advise you on how to reset it.
It’s a good idea to reset online passwords occasionally, and you can do so through the My Account area. If you think anyone has accessed your account information without your approval, contact us to let us know.
Our Finance Provider, Close Brothers Retail Finance
If you spend £399 or more on a single item purchased through the exercise.co.uk site, you can choose to spread the cost of your purchase by using finance. This payment option is provided by our chosen partner, Close Brothers Retail Finance.
We've teamed up with Close Brothers Retail Finance to offer you a simple and affordable option to pay on finance. Close Brothers Ltd are one of the UK's only specialist provider of Retail Point of Sale Credit, providing finance options for many years through its industry leading online paperless processing system.
If your application is successful, you will enter into a Credit Agreement with Close Brothers Retail Finance, which will be administered by Close Brothers Group PLC, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Close Brothers Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 124750.
The credit provider will let us know whether or not your application was successful when they pass you back to our checkout, but they won’t share any other information regarding your application or credit report. If you enter into a Credit Agreement with them, you’ll need to contact them directly with any queries or requests.
Contacting The Information Commissioner's Office
If you are not happy with the way in which we have dealt with your personal data or your enquiries relating to that personal data, it is your right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator. The regulator is the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find more detail at www.ico.org.uk.
We’re always looking for new ways to improve your shopping experience with us, that’s why we love hearing from you. If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you’d like to amend or stop us from processing your data (for marketing purposes), please contact us. You can get in touch by giving our friendly customer solutions team a call on 0345 1666 200 or you can write to us at our head office address - Unit 32, Priory Tec Park, Saxon Way, Hessle, HU13 9PB.
Your privacy is important to us which is why we’ve ensured every part of our site uses secure connections. Look for the green padlock in the address bar and the letters ‘https’, as these should always be present when browsing our site.
We only take orders through web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. There’s no way you can order through an unsecured connection.
For extra security, you’ll see our checkout uses Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCard which safeguards you from unauthorised use of your cards. Once you've registered and created a password with your card issuer, you'll be prompted to provide this each time you check out.
We’re constantly monitoring and testing our IT systems and using the latest technology to identify potential vulnerabilities and attacks to provide a safe and secure shopping environment.
You may contact Pure-Tec Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 0345 1666 200.
Cookies are small file containing letters and numbers that is stored in your browser or the hard drive of your device and it is used to transfer information.